Evangelization Training 2019
WHAT IS EVANGELIZATION?
Evangelization proclaims the Good News of salvation. It seeks to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Evangelists strive for personal conversion of others through Christian witness, the Sacraments, and preaching the kerygma.
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THE TRAINING?
To train and equip evangelists and commission them to evangelize within their parish communities so that every parish in the Diocese of Gary is an evangelizing parish, focusing on the New Evangelization to those who are in need of re-evangelization, and evangelizing to the nations.
WHAT WILL THE TRAINING INCLUDE?
Methods of evangelization, hospitality, invitational, discipleship, Eucharistic devotion, widespread opportunities for Confession, popular piety, prayer life, small groups, strengthening and building up the family, adult faith formation, service to others, and the mission to evangelize.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE TRAINING?
Upon completion of the year-long training, the participants will be formally commissioned as a parish evangelist for his or her own parish within the Diocese of Gary.
- The Good News: the history of Salvation
- The New Evangelization
- Proclaiming Mercy: Evangelizing Saints
- Being a Witness: how to give a testimony
- Cultural Context
- Cycles of Conversion and Evangelization
- Encountering the Sacraments: an Evangelizing Parish
- Preaching the Kerygma
- Desires of the Human Heart: Intro to Theology of the Body
- The Family and the Charism of Hospitality
- The Power of Invitation and Sharing reasons for belief
- Developing Parish Small Groups
- Life in the Spirit
All training sessions will be held at St. Paul, Valparaiso weekly for seven weeks in the fall from September 12, 2019 – October 24, 2019 from 6:30-8pm, and seven weeks in the spring from February 20, 2020 – April 2, 2020 from 6:30-8pm. Each session includes a lesson, prayer, and discussion.